Monday 24 March 2003

ruffa and other grim possibilities

I am so in touch with the showbiz world. Tomorrow, Ruffa ( of the infamous 'take it, take it' fiasco) is going to get married. Meanwhile, the Turkish airspace is abuzz with all sorts of American flying war-thingys. Ruffa's groom is stuck. The wedding is going to be held in the Philippines. Unless Ruffa's sweetcakes is an energetic swimmer, there isn't going to be a wedding.

Yesterday I had the most amusing time of my life watching Etta Rosales and Dr. Amanda Cruz bitch it out with each other on national television. While I am not one to question the motives of rallyists, I had my bets placed on Dr. Cruz. If words were physical blows, Etta Rosales would've ended up in one of the more expensive hospitals in Metro Manila. Clearly, she was no match for the powerful mouth of Dr. Cruz. Unless Etta's brain is a vacuum, and words just disappear in the black hole of her mind.

Considering Cruz's abandonment of tact, and Rosales' far-flung responses, I am truly suspicious of this theory.

Maybe you don't know what I am talking about.

Back to Ruffa. Why can't they just postpone the whole thing? If she really does love this Turkish millionaire, she wouldn't think twice about not risking his safety. Then again, if this Turkish millionaire really did love Ruffa, he'd be here, come hell or high water, to attend his own wedding tomorrow!

Or maybe they should just have the wedding in Turkey and exchange I do's while scuds are flying overhead! To profess your undying love for one another while the threat of danger is in the air, that would be history-making romance. Ooh, I'm such a romantic!

The moral of the story is this: If you're a very rich person living in a war zone, it really pays to have your own airspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment